Thursday, June 26, 2008

Everyone's got their own version of a Nicoise salad

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't eat Nicoise salad everyday back in the US - but my understanding is that it typically includes tuna, green beans, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, onion, capers, and potatoes.

Here at the airport grocery store a Nicoise salad includes tuna, capers, tomato and onions - but it also has green olives, feta cheese and honey mustard dressing! I didn't love this version but I'll try almost anything once. You never know what you'll like.

When I lived in London I discovered sweet corn mixed with tuna fish. They served it on baked potatoes and I loved it. I never did try tuna and sweet corn on pizza, but to the Brits - it's a treat.

In other news, Holly and I move into our apartment on Saturday. We couldn't be more excited to be out of the hotel, and I'll be sure to post pictures of our new home and neighborhood. I've also got some fun business trips coming up. One to Paris and another to London. Did I mention that I love this job? :-)

No comments: