Saturday, July 19, 2008

You don't see this back home...






I've written before about how pet friendly the Netherlands is. Holly continues to be a hit with the locals, but we've also seen a lot of cats in shops and restaurants. It's fairly common to walk by a closed restaurant and see cats sleeping in the windows. Even my friend Kevin allows a cat to stay in his shop at night. I really like it but it still makes me pause when I walk by a shop and see a cat sleeping on a table. Somehow I don't think that would fly with US Health Inspectors.

Another thing you don't see in the US...street urinals. I mentioned the tile wall that the taxi drivers used in Paris, but in Amsterdam they have the units pictured here. I didn't see anyone using them during the day, but I bet when the bars close they're pretty popular.

No comments: