Wednesday, October 1, 2008

American Groceries in Amsterdam


When Brett and I were walking around the Leidseplein area on Saturday we found an American food Grocery store. They sold things like Lucky Charms and Oreos and had such nutritious staples as Marshmallow Fluff and Chips Ahoy. I didn't need any of that, but I did pick up corn flour (for making sweet corn tomalito) and some baking soda for making cookies. They even have Stubbs Barbeque sauce. The only issue is the price. It will cost you 5 times the price you'd pay in the US - but when you've got an insatiable craving or a favorite recipe - it's well worth it. I made sure to take good mental notes of their inventory. We're pretty stocked up right now since Brett and I both brought suitcases full of American food home with us in the last month or so - but it's good to know they're there when you've got a craving for a pop tart :-)

No comments: