Saturday, May 30, 2009

Surprise!

This was my last weekend in Amsterdam. I started packing and then planned to meet friends for drinks. Imagine my surprise when those canalside drinks turned into a surprise party for me. But this wasn't your typical going away drinks......

This one involved a private 3-hour boat tour of Amsterdam and dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant. I knew I would miss our new friends after I left - but this just confirmed how lucky I am to have met such great people.
"Captain Seth" expertly guided us through busy canals.....

Kevin played the role of "person to be hit first" when entering the bigger canals around blind corners...

Courtenay and Brian organized the trip and packed tasty food and beverages for our "3 hour tour"

Brett made sure the chicken was lekker (it was)....

....and Amsterdam provided the sights.....

We ended the day with Ethiopian food. The portions were a bit skimpy but we made do.

This was my favorite day in Amsterdam all year. I'll miss the city - but I'll miss our new friends the most. I'm a lucky girl to have met them. The lobbying for them to visit us back in the US begins now :-)

2 comments:

Cyndee said...

Wow, what a fantastic way to end your stay in Amsterdam -- a relaxing canal tour with good friends. You're a lucky lady Lori!!

Unknown said...

Isaak & I are sorry we missed it! We will miss you both.