Monday, February 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - a family tradition

Lots of people make peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's Kiss on top. That may be well and good for them, but for me, the secret sauce is to swap that kiss for a cup.
It's a simple change, but using a mini Reeces peanut butter cup as a topper always seems to wow the crowd. My college friends still ask me to make these cookies, and when I brought some home for Christmas my nephew immediately grabbed 2 and came back for more. Since he arrives tomorrow for a visit, I whipped up a batch as a surprise. The best part about this recipe? You can go from start to finish in under 30 minutes! Enjoy.



Ingredients

2 cups Bisquick
1 can Sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add vanilla and blend well. Mix in Bisquick. After blended, roll dough into 1" balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes (I always do 6). While the cookies are baking, unwrap the peanut butter cups. Immediately after removing cookies from the oven, squish one unwrapped peanut butter cup into each cookie and let cool.

No comments: